Steerable Weld Tractor
June 7, 2016
SAT-2WS: 2WD Steerable Weld Tractor
The SAT-2WS is designed to handle Single & Tandem Arc welding processes and is available with a self-contained flux delivery/recovery system. This tractor is rear wheel driven with the front wheels having a steering mechanism that allows the operator to swivel and lock the turning angle. This machine is currently in-stock and available for immediate sale.
The body and frame are designed to provide a strong, durable and extremely stable welding platform. A lightweight cast aluminum base houses the powerful motor and electrical controls. The specially reinforced frame holds all the weld equipment. The center of gravity on a fully loaded frame assembly is located within the wheelbase. This ensures a safe, stable platform without having to modify the frame and/or add counter weights.
The SAT-2WS is a steerable model that can be adjusted to follow the circumference of large field tanks or to align flat fillet/butt welds. It’s available with an optional 3-piece knock-down center post with “quick disconnect” clamps. This allows operators to easily collapse the assembly to enter tanks/vessels and perform final internal circumferential welds.
IRCO’s Design Features and Benefits Include:
- A sturdy cast aluminum body carries a frame that provides a balanced load and prevents the tractor from becoming unstable. The Tandem Arc model can safely carry over 500 lbs.
- The optional 3-piece knock-down post makes it easy to assemble and disassemble for bringing the tractor into tight places such as the interior of a vessel.
- IRCO’s SubArc tractors can be configured with any power supply and/or weld equipment supplier.
- Typical industries include shipbuilding, structural steel, tank and vessel and tanker car manufacturing.
- Controls include Forward/Reverse, Speed Potentiometer, LED speed readout (in ipm). It can also be tied in with a weld controller to sync the weld start with the tractor movement (shown above).